Are you looking for the next step in your career and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people? Bring your accounting and financial skills to this opportunity as an Assistant Business Administrator.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As part of the Office Administration team, you will:
- provide supervision and technical guidance to subordinates;
- ensure the processing of institutional financial transactions;
- ensure institutions financial controls and to meet standard accounting and business practices;
- interpret, explain, and clarify financial directives, procedures and changes to financial processes;
- determine when and what types of information to release when responding to information requests, inquiries and/or complaints;
- assist with documentation and reconciliation of complex cases (i.e. personnel/payroll, WSIB/LTIP);
- check and verify expenditures, process financial documents, assist with budget preparation and provide forecast expenditures;
- prepare accurate letters, memos, financial reports, spreadsheets and other correspondence and to ensure accuracy of content, grammar, spelling, format and style;
- deal with suppliers, payroll, regional and corporate staff;
- organize workload and identify priorities to meet corresponding deadlines.
How do I qualify?
- You have a valid driver's license
Communication, Interpersonal and Computer Skills
- You can communicate effectively and can prepare and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- You are proficient with computers and related software applications and databases (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WIN, PayMod, IFIS).
- You can maintain office equipment such as photocopier, facsimile, printer, etc.
Accounting and Financial Knowledge
- You have demonstrated knowledge of accounting policies and procedures relating to purchasing, finances, contract management, budgeting, expenditure analysis and inventory control.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of accounting software and computer applications to prepare financial reports and correspondence.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of inputting, retrieving, monitoring and analyzing financial transactions including calendarization and forecasting.
- You have demonstrated skills to verify and forecast expenditures and assist with budget preparation.
- You have proven abilities to accurately process financial transactions.
Legislative and Leadership Knowledge and Skills
- You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and regulations (i.e. Ministry of Correctional Services Act, Collective Agreements, Delegation of Authority and human resources, compensation and benefits, and purchasing policies and procedures).
- You can direct staff, provide guidance and training in accounting processes and various software applications.
Analytical ,Problem Solving and Organizational Skills
- You can identify and resolve discrepancies related to accuracy of files and information.
- You have strong arithmetic skills.
- You can maintain accurate and detailed records.
- You can organize your workload and prioritize tasks.
1 Permanent, 1501 Fuller Ave, Penetanguishene, Central Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Thursday, January 14, 2021
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.