ICBC’s Strategic Supply Management team provides leadership and expertise in supply chain management to ensure best value acquisitions for ICBC. Our department is undergoing transformation to align our processes and capacity to serve the corporate objectives. Now is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The team has sourcing and procurement specialists who collaborate with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to co-ordinate and manage purchases, control costs, mitigate risks, and meet key corporate objectives. The variety of projects is wide and diverse: office supplies, construction, software and hardware, car rentals, court reporters and so many others.
As part of a departmental expansion, we are seeking an experienced procurement professional to lead complex sourcing projects, provide contract and supplier management, and to directly lead a team. If you enjoy building strong relationships, enabling business units to reach their goals, championing innovation and continuous improvement, we’d love to hear from you.
To make an immediate contribution in this challenging role, you will draw upon your:
- Demonstrated experience leading the sourcing process for large scale, complex sourcing initiatives in large organization(s) with multiples lines of business
- Keen analytical abilities, able to understand user requirements, develop innovative procurement options, and prepare appropriate specifications
- Superior communication skills to obtain buy-in and support for procurement strategies from internal customers and senior management, and influence outcomes by providing consulting and guidance at all levels and across business divisions
- Highly effective negotiation skills to obtain best value pricing, terms and conditions for acquisitions
- Success leading cross functional teams and stakeholders through the procurement process from source to contract execution
- Contract management of critical contracts for business areas whose subjects include professional services, information technology, insurance claims suppliers and construction
- Previous leadership experience working with direct reports and others
- Organizational and project management skills
- Relationship building and ongoing maintenance
- Strategic planning.
Prior experience managing IT contracts and procurement projects is strongly preferred.
Your experience is supported by a post-secondary qualification, current knowledge of principles, theories and concepts of Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management including requirements for government procurement. A Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation and postsecondary degree in commerce or related area would be an asset.
**Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position**
Job Type: Full-time