Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Financial Reporting and Corporate Accounting, the Senior Accountant is responsible for various financial and accounting functions including co-ordinating the month-end closing process, production of the consolidated Corporate financial statements, ad hoc account analysis, debt and investment accounting; and assisting in the implementation and maintenance of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Commerce or related field.
- Completion of a professional accounting designation program and registration with the appropriate Ontario Association.
- Minimum five (5) years financial and/or accounting experience in a large multi-divisional organization including account management, financial analysis, and finance/accounting related policy and procedure development.
- Demonstrated experience and solid skills utilizing ERP financial software.
- Knowledge of accounting and economic principles and practices, financial accounting controls, business management concepts, and related financial Provincial and Municipal statutes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
35 Weekly Hours
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 26, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$49.84 to $54.17 per hour