The Boys and Girls Club of Niagara is seeking candidates to carry out the duties of Full Time Operations Manager. This is a regional position which would be responsible for the operations at multiple Boys and Girls Club Niagara locations.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient delivery of operational plans set forth by the Boys and Girls Club of Niagara and assumes the primary responsibility of implementing and executing operational, occupancy and capital project plans as approved. This role will include the oversight of the following areas in a regional capacity:
· Housekeeping Plans;
· Preventative Maintenance Plans;
· Fire Plans;
· Health & Safety, Accessibility & Emergency Response Plans;
· Security Plans;
· Transportation Plans;
· Capital Plans.
The position is accountable to the Operations Director.
This is a full-time hourly position. Compensation is $24.00 - $26.00 and requires at least three years’ experience in facilities management and a post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field. Certified Pool Operators (CPO) certification and/or Health & Safety Level 1 & 2 would be considered strong assets.
Able to secure a current Police Clearance with Vulnerable Sector obtained within the last 6 months, immunization records, participate in Club provided training in Health and Safety, High Five Certification, working knowledge of applicable legislation, health and safety level 1 and 2, certified pool operator (CPO) and a valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Deliverables include but are not exclusive to:
- Hire, train and supervise support staff as assigned;
- Assist in the development and execution of annual operational budgets;
- Maintain applicable operational program handbooks and plans;
· Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained in good standing and are presented in ‘as new’ condition;
· Liaise with 3rd party service providers in the completion of repairs, preventative maintenance duties and capital projects;
- Purchase supplies and services within the framework of project plans and budgets;
- Ensure Fire and Emergency Response duties are completed and documented;
- Ensure club security equipment and schedules are maintained;
- Assume the overall responsibility for monitoring the Health and Safety activities of the Club including representing management on joint health and safety committee where applicable.
Please send cover letter and resume to by e-mail quoting the job title in the subject line no later than August 17, 2020.
Address: 8800 McLeod Rd.
Niagara Falls, ON
The Boys and Girls Club of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Expected start date: 2020-08-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$26.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- facility management: 3 years (Required)
- drivers licence (Required)
- Certified Pool Operator (Preferred)
- Health and Safety (Preferred)