Do you enjoy helping others? Are you interested in working in growing industries to help....
- Food industry professionals?
Starting July 12, 2021 - you can join a free 4-6 week online training program to gain skills and enter these growth industries where you can make a difference by assisting others in our community! This opportunity is available to the Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Durham, Belleville, and Kingston areas.
Have you thought about supporting seniors to remain independent? Would you like to learn about:
- basic information on common health challenges
- introduction to recognizing Dementia and making appropriate referrals
- infection control
Successful employment in retirement residences, home care agencies, senior support services, and more....
Do you enjoy being in the kitchen? Have you wanted to make a difference in your community by providing food to vulnerable population bases? Join now and learn about the following while preparing meals for those in need in the Peterborough, Ontario area. (this program is for people in or around Peterborough due to location for in-kitchen learning)
- basic techniques
- infection control
- menu planning
- special dietary needs
Successful employment in restaurants, bakeries, resorts, social enterprise, and more.....
- 18 years of age or older
- legally entitled to work in Canada
- able to secure a criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening
- must be unemployed and not registered in other training/education
Expected start date: July 12th, 2021
****WAGES ARE APPLICABLE TO PLACEMENT PERIOD AND/OR EMPLOYMENT AFTER THE 4 WEEKS OF TRAINING. TRAINING IS UNPAID, BUT AT NO COST TO YOU. SOME FINANCIAL SUPPORTS ARE AVAILABLE TO ASSIST WITH CHILD CARE DURING THE TRAINING PERIOD****
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $14.25 per hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place