About the Event:
The Calgary Police Foundation will be hosting its signature fundraising event, the Chief Youth Courage Awards Gala, April 29, 2020 at the Telus Convention Centre and is looking to expand its Committee with new members who are stars in marketing, communications, graphic design, auction item collection, and in ticket sales. The Gala is an evening of hope and inspiration to celebrate children and youth, as the Stars of Courage. The event will be wrapped in the pageantry and tradition of the Calgary Police Service and will surprise and delight guests with exclusive experiences and heart throttling moments.
About the Position – Communication & Marketing Subcommittee (2 Roles)
Work with Communications & Marketing Lead to create event branding and collateral to be distributed per the Gala promotion schedule. Collaborate with Digital Communications in website updates and social media schedule. The Communications & Marketing Subcommittee is responsible for carrying out all communications and marketing needs, directed by the Communications & Marketing Lead. Creativity, great verbal and written communication, previous work on an event campaign and Graphic Design capabilities are an asset.
- Help with creating social media content and basic graphics.
- Update and maintain social platforms, crafting accurate responses to the public.
- Help the story of the Gala come to life through marketing and communication activities.
- Creative and tracking on website with new auction items, ticket prices, and teasers about the Gala.
- Assist in creating hard copy collateral, tickets, signage, and branded items.
- Accurately manage the send out of tickets to Gala guests.
- Take pictures of new auction items and upload to website.
- Draft communications and content for website and other materials as necessary.
- Attend or call-in to bi-weekly Communication & Marketing Subcommittee meetings.
- Attend Gala in active event role.
Please send and expression of interest email with subject line: “CYCA Committee Volunteer” to Alena Schock describing your interest in the CYCA and what you would bring to the role.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Event Planning: 2 years (Preferred)