Description: Call Centre Representative, CCR0626
Department: Warranty Services
Type of Position: Full Time, Contract (1 year)
Location: 5160 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON
Reporting to: Manager, Customer Service
Since 1976, Tarion has provided new home warranty protection to more than 2 million Ontario homes. We serve new home buyers and new homeowners by ensuring that one of their life’s biggest investments is protected. Almost every new home in the province is covered by a new home warranty. This warranty protection is provided by Ontario’s builders and lasts up to seven years. It is backstopped by Tarion. More than 375,000 homes are currently enrolled in the warranty program. Every year about 55,000 new homes are enrolled.
With more than 225 employees, Tarion works hard every day to serve the public interest by, first and foremost, protecting consumers and their new home purchases. We investigate homeowner warranty claims; resolve warranty disputes between homeowners and builders; provide deposit and delayed closing protection for new home buyers; and prosecute illegal builders. We regulate new home builders and ensure they meet a province-wide standard of technical competence and financial capacity. We also manage the Guarantee Fund, an important financial reserve designed to help shield Ontario consumers from possible catastrophic building events. All of this enhances fairness and confidence in Ontario’s new home building industry.
- Provide the first point of contact and “voice of Tarion” to customers
- Provide high quality, responsive support and resolution of customer inquiries
- Take ownership of calls and/or contacts to ensure customer satisfaction
- Resolve customer queries, issues, etc. daily or escalate to appropriate personnel
- Receive calls and make outbound calls as required
- Batch, scan and process documents as required
- Provide administrative support to the team
· Minimum High School Graduate or G.E.D. (or equivalent)
· 1-2 years customer service and/or telephone support experience
· Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
· Must possess a strong customer service and team player orientation
· Exceptional telephone manner
· Strong computer (MS Office) and data entry skills
· Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic team environment
· Demonstrated interest in and commitment to continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities
- General knowledge of the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act is preferred
If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please email the address below or contact a member of the Human Resources Department.
Please submit a covering letter and resume with vacancy code CCR0626, no later than July 7, 2020.
Reference ID: CCR0626
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Data Entry: 1 year (Required)
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19