As the OPERATIONS MANAGER, your primary responsibilities will be leading a team of planners, dispatchers, drivers, and helpers. You will ensure a positive experience for our customers through proper coordination and communication with all other departments and agents, while optimizing truck and trailer fleet efficiency. Your experience, strong personality and leadership skills, will be key to success. This position reports to the VP of Logistics.
Operating from a 70,000 square foot warehouse facility, our business is providing specialized moving services, storage, and inventory control for our customers. Trucks and crews are coming and going on a daily basis in what can be a busy environment at times.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Support and contribute to the company logistics plan.
· Communicate the plan and manage performance of internal and external staff responsible for delivering logistics plan.
· Provide coaching and development of employees to meet their job assignments.
· Enforce systems, policies and procedures.
· Hire and train staff as needed to support changing business activities and volumes.
· Source, negotiate, monitor and manage agreements and contracts with various carriers to support our customer needs and shipping patterns.
· Drive efficiencies throughout the operation by balancing service and cost reduction in conjunction with overall objectives.
· Track and monitor transportation activities and costs.
· Work with sales and other departments to ensure we meet customer expectations.
· Support all customer quote requests and review pricing given by other operational staff to confirm proper tariff selection and values to match service and costing.
· Identify ways of lowering inbound and outbound cost while improving customer service.
· Identify and communicate best practices within the logistics industry and adopt those that will continuously improve our business.
· Investigate claims, billing discrepancies, and mediate with suppliers when required.
· Update job knowledge by participate in educational opportunities.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
You will demonstrate a minimum 10 years background in the trucking / moving industry. You possess exceptional problem solving and organization skills to thrive on high job demands. In addition, you have a pure desire to impress every customer by delivering superior customer service that exceeds their expectation.
Ideal candidate is familiar with various forms of transportation such as TL, LTL, domestic, cross-border, and overseas international. Candidates with practical hands on experience specific to handling high value special products (such as planner, dispatcher, driver, mover, sales rep) all assets.
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Dental care
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)