To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change (EUC), primarily to members of the EUC teaching faculty including academic administrators (Program Directors, Program Coordinators), TA's, full-time and contract faculty. To maintain room bookings and electronic postings for all internal and external contacts. As well, to provide general information and client service support for the Office of Student and Academic Services (OSAS) enquiries when team members who fill this role as their primary duties are not available.
High school diploma with some post-secondary education (e.g. university or college courses)
Two (2) years of experience in office administration and front desk reception in an academic School/Department, some experience supporting teaching/courses is an asset. Technical skill using Mach forms, OneDrive, Teams, web site work, social media outreach, ability to assist with developing and implementing paperless processes.
- Intermediate word-processing in a Windows environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office (esp. Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point) file management
- Effective oral communication including clear and understandable diction to obtain and relay information accurately both in person and over the telephone
- Good written communication skills, including good spelling and grammar
- Effective customer service skills
- Working cooperatively and effectively as a member of a team
- Proven record of good attendance and punctuality
- Creative problem solving
- Exercising tact, diplomacy, discretion and courtesy when dealing with others
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively under high volume
- Ability to carry through assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Demonstrated exercise of initiative and good judgement
- Knowledge of databases (Student Information Systems (SIS), Classroom Equipment Ordering (CEO), SMIL, ONCE ? Course Evaluation online system
- Knowledge and understanding of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) regulations. Anti-Spam Law
This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview. Hours of work: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Summer: Same. Requests to work overtime may occur periodically throughout the year. Peak periods: September, January, April. Vacation restriction: Mid-August to September, December to mid-January, April to mid-May
In order to be considered as an internal applicant, York University employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must apply for jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire.
If you are a current York University employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit and/or are using your job posting rights under the collective agreement to apply for jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
As per Article 12.02(f) of the YUSA-1 Collective Agreement, to be considered an internal applicant, employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must submit the application 5 working days following the first day of posting. this is referred to as the 'Posted Date' on the job the posting. This applies to YUSA-1 internal and YUSA-1 Concurrent postings. Please refer to the 'Posting Intent' on the job posting.
If not filled by an employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit, employees in the YUSA-2 bargaining unit who have applied within the first 5 days from the 'Posted Date' will be given preference.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.