OrthoMed is the leading online retailer of off-the-shelf and custom orthopaedic braces, supports, and therapy products in Canada. We specialize in only the industry’s top brands including Breg, CTi, Corflex, DonJoy, Ossur, and VQ OrthoCare. Our comprehensive range of products offer advanced designs that are clinically proven to improve mobility, reduce pain, and give you the protection you need. OrthoMed also offers on-site (home and work place) custom knee brace fittings in various cities across Canada provided by OrthoMed Product Specialists.
Do you have a Kinesiology or similar background and are interested in measuring and fitting custom knee braces for clients who are dealing with osteoarthritis and ligament issues? Under the direction of our National Product Specialist, OrthoMed’s Associate Product Specialists deliver knee brace fittings for custom and off the shelf orthopaedic braces, supports and therapy products within the convenience of the clients home or workplace. We provide services across Canada for clients of all ages, with a wide range of conditions. This is great opportunity for a clinician who wants to learn from our experienced team, work with all major bracing brands and provide part-time bracing services to supplement their current health care job.
- Perform functional brace measuring, fitting and adjusting and coordinate with clients for follow-up fitting appointments as necessary
- Ensure proper fitting and client instruction for braces, supports, bone growth stimulation and other therapy products that OrthoMed is associated with
- With the support of our National Product Specialist provide product recommendations to clients to support their unique needs.
- Assist clients with post-sales support
- When required, obtain information for benefits and pre-authorization for claims as required by clients’ insurance policies
- Provide all services in a proper, professional and ethical manner in accordance with the standards and requirements set by his/her professional regulatory body, the standards and requirements established by OrthoMed and all applicable laws
- Coordinate client scheduling, education, order processing, delivery, and courtesy call back
- Opportunity for creating and building good relationships with family physicians, surgeons, and other healthcare referral sources.
- Prior experience working in a health care setting such as a Physiotherapy Centre, Orthopaedics, Bracing Store, Hospital, Home Health Care, Physician office, or similar
- Access to a vehicle with a valid license.
- Some previous experience fitting braces and supports in a clinical setting is an asset
- Health care education / clinical qualifications are an asset, such as Physiotherapy Assistant, Kinesiology, Registered Orthopaedic Technologist, Athletic Therapist, or similar
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a busy multi-tasking environment
- Proficient and very comfortable with technology; word processing, email, web, chat, social media
- Positive attitude and genuine interest in client care
For further information, please contact 1-888-300-0063
Job Type: Contract