OK Ready Mix is a division of Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited, one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates, ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. HeidelbergCement Group employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring and coordinating the day-to-day maintenance, installation, and repair of plant equipment and machinery; and for supervising and supporting the maintenance personnel
What You Will get to do:
- Insure the safe and reliable operation of 7 concrete and 2 aggregate production facilities.
- Direct and supervise unionized millwrights and electricians.
- Create budgets and manage purchasing controls for repair and maintenance costs.
- Respond and direct emergency maintenance activities as required.
- Manage preventative maintenance program for OK Ready Mix.
- Assess current plant capabilities and efficiency, and make recommendations for capital expenditure.
- Assist in hiring/ discipline /training /succession planning and ensure safety and environmental compliance of the work force meets company standards.
- Responsible for monthly safety meetings, administration of policy in coordination with Safety Department and WSBC for all work related injuries and manages RTW for plant maintenance group.
- Responsible for the administration of environmental programs. Ensuring environmental compliance is met in regards to Company Policy and Ministry of Environment regulations.
Who we are looking for:
- Interprovincial (Red Seal) Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright certification
- 5+ years’ experience in supervision, experience supervising a unionized workforce is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in an industrial setting, experience in concreteindustryor aggregate production is an asset
- Experience creating, managing and directing maintenance programs
Job Type: Full-time