Come join our team! Precision Stamping Group supplies multiple Tier 2 Supplier facilities with stampings that are used in vehicles produced primarily by GM, Chrysler, Nissan and Honda, as well as other OEMs. With operations in Windsor-Essex County, we are a proud community partner and supporter.
Position Overview: To ensure all dies are maintained through solid tooling systems and improvement processes to ensure measurable improvement to process capability and quality delivery of tooling to production while maintaining an overall departmental budget. This position will work with selected tool shops in the area to ensure quality dies for our facilities.
- Ensure that production tooling and related equipment is ready to meet customer requirements.
- Expand tooling supply base to achieve adequate supply at reasonable pricing.
- Prepare sample submissions and quotes for engineering change requests.
- Update, maintain and monitor quality procedure systems as they relate to tooling.
- Work with production to ensure good quality parts.
- Establish quarterly goals and objectives.
- Ensure around the clock tooling support for production during all production hours.
- Oversee preventive maintenance system for Tooling.
- Assist Operations Managers in setting annual capital spending requirements for Tooling
- Develop Vendor relations for effective and economical spares inventory control.
- Direct Tool Engineering activities to promote continuous improvement.
- Support mistake proofing activities to insure progress in die sensoring.
- Make decisions on tooling repair to ensure timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Negotiate repair cost with outside shops.
- Establish and maintain tool crib with adequate spares inventory.
- Quote and purchase die replacement details with outside vendors.
- Update tooling prints as required.
- Five years tooling supervision experience.
- Certified Tool and Die Maker – Ontario College of Trades.
- Must be able to work with all levels of company management as well as customers and vendors.
- Demonstrate a "hands on" approach.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Will have the ability to work a schedule that allows completion of the job on a daily basis.
- 2-D general design capability with AutoCAD, Unigraphics or similar.
- Must possess strong in-press troubleshooting ability.
- Team player and promoter of “what can I do to help” attitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we can accommodate all applicants throughout the recruitment process. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $29.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Precision Stamping Group is committed to following all health and safety regulations as they apply not only to COVID-19 but to all areas in which we do business.
- Tool and Die: 5 years (required)
- metal stamping: 2 years (preferred)
- Toolmaker certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person