NETWORK CABLING SPECIALIST
To install and maintain communication distribution systems and/or other signals. These systems comprise the physical architecture that supports voice, video, and data transmission within industrial, commercial and institutional complexes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interpret and verify work orders, specifications, drawings, schematics and special requirements
- Perform site inspections
- Assemble and set up all tools, materials and equipment
- Create cable pathways
- Install cable supports
- Install, fish, dress, cross connect and terminate Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), co-axial and fibre optic cable
- Install WiFi (802.11b/g and n) networks
- Test, review and troubleshoot installed systems
- Liaise with customers, store managers, and employees to explain, coordinate and schedule network cable installations.
- Provide work log and reports
- Familiarity with retail environment and POS systems an asset
- Familiarity with network equipment (routers, switches, desktops, printers, etc...) an asset
- Ability to travel to customers' sites on short notice over extended periods of time (possibly across Canada)
- Must possess a valid and unexpired Class G driver's licence, and the ability to produce a clean driver's abstract upon hire and periodically throughout employment
- Must have own vehicle and be able to drive to and from jobs independently
- Ability to work revolving day/night shifts
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills and be able to demonstrate good writing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook very helpful.
- Experience with scissor lifts (will train/certify as required)
Job Type: Permanent