Summit GM & Kaizen Automotive Group is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and a leader in automotive retail. With a team of nearly 1250 employees (some of whom are brand new to the company, while others have been with us nearly 30 years) we are always looking to expand and grow our business and are currently looking to add a qualified AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN to our Summit GM team.
Summit GM has a brand new Body Shop on Macalpine Crescent and we expanding our team! Summit GM offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its employees. If you’ve got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards – apply today!
The Auto Body Technician is responsible for numerous tasks ranging from simple dents to realigning damaged car frames. Precision and attention to detail is a must to be successful within this role. Auto Body Technicians use specialty tools to perform work duties. Some of these tools would be pick hammers, hydraulic jacks and hand tools.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools or hand tools
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents using hammers
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas
- College diploma or Trade school certification in automotive body technician
- 2 + years of Body Technician experience with a strong working knowledge of body repair, mechanical repair and all shop related equipment is preferred
- Must have good time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience in a dealership or a collision center is an asset
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
Compensation and Benefits;
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees;
- Group Health after 90 days
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities.
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork – now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Body Techician: 2 years (Required)