Wenco (a subsidiary of Hitachi) provides high technology solutions for the mining industry globally to advance productivity, efficiency, and safety. Check us out at www.wencomine.com.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join our head office located in Richmond BC. The Instructional Designer is responsible to design and develop training and learning solutions in accordance with the Documentation and Training teams’ guidelines and processes. They will collaborate with all key stakeholders, including Product Management, Product Owner, Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Customer Service representatives and fellow documentation personnel to design, develop and publish learning and training solutions. Working with a product manager, the Instructional Designer would assess training needs, develops programs and curricula, and designs and develops instructional material.
- Assess training needs by consulting with internal and external stakeholders, subject matter experts, and instructional staff to ensure accuracy and relevance of content to training
- Develop training materials using educational theory, storyboards and best practices related to classroom and online learning and teaching. This includes course outlines and descriptions, student modules and e-learning lessons, instructor guides, learning activities, PowerPoint presentations and other instructional and performance support materials
- Design and develop formative and training certification processes, including tests, for new and existing training programs
- Develop and conduct internal train-the-trainer programs to assist trainers/instructors in the deliverance of training programs
- Apply principles of instructional design, development, and evaluation processes
- Maintain an understanding of current developments and issues in adult education and instructional technology and incorporate new methods, techniques and information education, training, consultation and communication
- Work with subject matter experts to create, design and develop training materials
- Design and develop learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including eLearning, classroom training, PowerPoint Presentations, web-based help content
- Develop eLearning training modules using our authoring tool (Articulate 360)
- Maintain and improve existing eLearning training content
- Complete day-to-day LMS administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to: uploading of courses, assigning courses, and providing LMS-related technical support
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum 4 years of instructional program development experience
- Demonstrated experience developing certified training programs
- Demonstrated experience developing learning content utilizing authoring tools such as Articulate
- Expert-level skills in Adobe and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Experience with Madcap Flare is an asset
- Knowledge of mining processes or technology is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills related to highly technical subjects
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, objective oriented with a high-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Strong, demonstrated customer focus (internal and external)
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
WHY JOIN WENCO?
- We provide opportunities for growth within the company
- We offer an extensive benefits plan
- We provide a fun working environment, including Fresh Fruit Mondays and Popcorn Fridays, along with table tennis, foosball, and electronic darts in our office
- We offer opportunities for continuous training and development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
- We offer our employees performance related bonus structures
- We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
- We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
- We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting work place environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Job Type: Full-time