ASSISTANT SHOP MANAGER - EVENING SHIFT
Groupe TIF Group Inc. is a locally owned and operated group of companies that has been servicing the transportation industry for over 18 years while building and maintaining trusted and valued relationships with our customers. We have locations in Vars, Ottawa, Kingston, and Montreal. As a result of our continuous growth and success, we are currently seeking an Assistant Shop Manager to work out of our Vars location on the evening shift (1600-0300).
Why work with us? We offer:
- Full-time, permanent positions
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for overtime hours
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits package
- Pension Plan
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Recognition
The Assistant Shop Manager will carry out the below duties in collaboration with the Production & Service Manager:
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses in the service and production departments on the night shift.
- Provide administrative support to the Production & Service Manager.
- Coordinate with and support Frigid Rentals to identify repair requirements and available substitute units.
- Schedule repairs and preventive maintenance service on equipment on a regular basis and as needed.
- Coordinate with technicians to ensure accurate estimates are provided to customers.
- Oversee work progress to control quality and resolve problems.
- Ensure production and service goals are met.
- Ensure proper usage of material with minimal waste.
- Ensure materials and supplies for the shop are in stock for production and service needs.
- Follow up on scheduling variances and adjust service and production accordingly to ensure unnecessary delays are avoided.
- Ensure and enforce workplace safety under the responsibilities of management outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Review financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, in collaboration with Groupe TIF Group Inc. leadership and Human Resources as necessary.
- Direct and coordinate the shop’s financial and budget activities to fund operations and increase efficiency.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise technicians, welder fabricators, labourers and contractors.
- Determine staffing requirements and collaborate with Human Resources in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees
- Organize the shop to carry out the production plan and service requirements.
- Participate and conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Communicate to Human Resources on all matters involving employee grievances, accidents, performance issues, employees warning etc.
- Scheduling and assigning all employees to tasks in order to carry out the production plan.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of products.
- Recommend plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Communicating on a regular basis work progress, schedule variance, crew and safety performance to the Production & Service Manager.
- Performing other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 5 years' experience in a shop environment considered an asset.
- Self motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Loud work environment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Sitting, standing, bending and walking.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent