Job Posting #890137
Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (700 University Avenue, 4th Floor)
Do you want to be part of a bold, daring, and ambitious team that will Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime?
As one of the world’s leading cancer charities, The PMCF raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, to deliver future care now.
For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by our culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events. The foundation’s vision, which will be your vision, is to Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime.
The Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence candidate who is passionate about utilizing data and analytics to help us deliver on our mission. We are looking for someone who will proactively drive improvements in performance across our businesses: philanthropy, lottery, events, and marketing.
In this role, you will be a key member of the team focused on delivering effective dashboards, managing supporter contact lists, and supporting data governance. You will work with teams to ensure analytic solutions deliver value by deepening supporter engagement, driving results, and creating efficiencies. You are a resourceful problem solver that is motivated to learn and improve. This role will report to the Director of Business Intelligence & Analytics.
- Develop, test, and deploy analytic solutions using a high level of expertise in querying data from our data warehouse.
- Build reporting and dashboard solutions that deliver key performance metrics and forecasting.
- Support the implementation of customer journeys and effective list management practices; optimize the list build process, validate the data quality, track list usage, report on results, and recommend improvements.
- Partner with data engineering to create standard views in the data warehouse for reporting, analysis, modelling, and self-serve.
- Implement best practices relating to BI governance.
- Work with our data analyst to effectively deploy models that improve targeting and forecasting.
- Support our data quality initiative to maintain the integrity of our data.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in dashboard development, data analysis, research, or similar field.
- Experience building effective dashboards in Power BI, or other data visualization technology (Tableau, Qlik).
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Experience designing and creating data models.
- Experience building data lists in Blackbaud CRM considered an asset.
- Experience with list management and BI governance considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
Why work with us?
- Experience a sense of purpose that you won’t get anywhere else, in any other job. You will be making a difference for millions of people impacted by cancer
- We offer a competitive compensation package including competitive salary, incentive pay, health benefits, and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- We have an open and approachable culture that enables you to bring your best ideas forward
- We will invest in your growth through ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and education assistance programs
- We offer flexible working arrangements to support your need to balance life at work and at home
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions
December 10, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.