The Continuous Improvement Manager will drive world-class implementation of core Lean initiatives across the Adi Development Group. The successful candidate will have extensive experience and quantifiable success serving as a Lean transformation leader in both operations and office processes. The position requires a leader capable of facilitating and driving change while effectively leveraging their strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the experience and ability to work within the organization at all levels and within all functions, creating value and buy-in within the business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring across the Organization regarding the proper application of AMS (Adi Management System) Lean Enterprise principles.
- Drive the cultural change and discipline necessary to create and sustain a successful continuous improvement culture.
- Partner with business leadership in all functional groups to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities
- Manage the AMS 2nd Level X-Matrix to build the transformation roadmap for selecting, scoping and completing Lean initiatives
- Plan and assist in the execution of 8-Step Problem Solving and Kaizen events that deliver significant and quantifiable process improvements across the organization
- Develop and support effective communication methods to help employees learn, understand, adjust and grow with the Organization’s Lean Enterprise transformation
- Manage the AMS Assessment (Scorecard) and implementation action plan across the organization.
What You Bring
- Engineering degree, preferably Civil, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- Ten - plus years of professional experience in construction or manufacturing preferably as an Industrial Engineer or in the continuous improvement function.
- Two years of experience leading a Lean implementation in a single large site or multi-site environment as well as deploying Lean in an office or business process environment
- Experience in a recognized world - class Lean environment would be a plus
- Formal Lean training and extensive experience starting at Goal Deployment, 8 - Step Problem Solving, value stream mapping, using Kaizen and, and other key Lean techniques.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- You’ll wear multiple hats and get hands-on experience with all aspects of your team’s projects
- We champion Ownership – from your first day you will be involved in shaping the direction of Adi
- We focus on continuously developing our team through education reimbursements and professional development offerings
- We don’t believe in micromanagement – while we are here to provide guidance, we trust you to do your job and achieve success
- Health benefits and personal health spending account
Who We Are
- Founded in 2007, Adi Development Group is one of Canada’s leading, most innovative real estate development and investment companies. We have developments spanning the GTA with over $2 Billion currently under development and growing.
- At Adi Development Group, each endeavour begins with an unrelenting commitment to master the extraordinary. From selecting only those locations that represent exceptional value, to forward-thinking designs and quality-driven buildings that enhance each community, to engaging partners that share our quest for excellence - this philosophy is evident in all that we do.
- From real estate investment, to planning, design, building and management, the Adi team takes pride in bringing passion and energy to every step of the process. It's a philosophy that continues to drive our residential and commercial real estate endeavors throughout the GTA. While others prefer to strive for the exceptional, we actually use it as our starting point. Build from there, and remarkable results can't help but follow.
Adi Development Group is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Adi Development Group is committed to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. We hire based on merit and are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Adi Development Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation, please inform Human Resources.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Adi Development Group and subsidiaries(“Adi”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Adi will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Adi explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place