Posting Number 40083
Requisition Title Professor - Nursing
Internal Posting Closing Date 05/21/2021
External Closing Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Campus Location London
Department School of Nursing (NRS)
Employment Group Faculty
Hours of Work per Week
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students including classroom, clinical and simulation lab environments. The successful candidate may teach courses in the PSW, PN, and/or BScN programs.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
Approximate Start Date:
- Master’s Degree is required; preferably a MScN or equivalent Graduate Degree
- PhD in Nursing or equivalent is preferred
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, entitled to practice with no restrictions is required
- Current clinical experience is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Must have an understanding of the Ministry Standards for PSW’s, and the regulatory Entry to Practice Competencies for RPN and BScN graduates
- Interest in provincial and national initiatives related to Nursing Education and Practice
- Experience in curriculum development preferred
- Demonstrated skill in simulated learning environments
- Evidence of ongoing involvement and continuing education in simulation
- Demonstrated evidence of involvement in research and scholarly activities
- This position may be subject to Clinical Placement Requirements which may include vaccinations and police vulnerable sector checks (PVSC)
August 16, 2021
Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $66,555 to $115,378 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.