The Humber River Family Health Team (HRFHT) provides interdisciplinary, patient-centred primary care with the goal of optimizing individual and family health within the community. We strive to provide high-quality care that is patient-centred, respectful, inclusive, and collaborative. You can learn more about us as www.hrfht.com.
About the Job
The Medical Receptionist role is integral to patient-centered care and efficient operations at HRFHT. As part of our small reception team, you will support HRFHT in achieving our mission of providing an interdisciplinary care environment in partnership with patients to optimize the health of individuals and families within the community. As a HRFHT Medical Receptionist, you will reflect the organization’s values by demonstrating respect, inclusion, collaboration and high-quality, patient-centred care in your daily work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greet and register patients with warmth and efficiency
- Answer a multi-line telephone system
- Book, manage and confirm patient appointments with Interdisciplinary Health Providers (IHPs) based on scheduling protocols
- Participate in internal and external referral processes
- Open and close the clinic
- Develop and maintain IHP and clinic schedules
- Facilitate communication between and across IHPs, physicians and patients
- Receive and distribute mail, process correspondence, draft replies, and process other routine tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned in the interest of efficient operations
- Collect data as required for statistical/reporting purposes
- Maintain and update the reception manual
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Superb data entry skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills and capacity to manage and deescalate conflict
- Commitment to working within an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework
- Commitment to patient-centred care
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and work in compliance with PHIPA and other applicable privacy legislation
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining accuracy and positive interpersonal style
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Keen to take initiative when appropriate
- Ability to work with electronic scheduling/booking system
- Medical or hospital office experience
- Proficiency in computer applications: Windows, Microsoft Office programs (especially Word and Excel), e-mail, and Internet application
- Medical Secretary diploma or certification is an asset
- Ability to work evenings
Hours: This is a full-time, 37.5 hour a week position. The hours will generally be worked as follows: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9 am to 5 pm; Thursdays 12 pm to 8 pm; and Fridays 8 am to 4 pm.
Compensation: annual salary $39,343 plus 3 weeks' paid vacation and 10 paid sick days
Location: Weston site (Weston and Lawrence); may be required to work occasional shifts at other HRFHT sites as needed (all in the northwestern Toronto area).
We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. We apologize, but only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $39,343.00 per year
Receptionists engage with patients and visitors from behind a glass partition. PPE is available for use as needed. Physical distancing and infection prevention and control procedures are in effect.
- Medical Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (Required)