The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic and talented Program Assistant to join our team and help to support our community to Discover. Inspire. Change.
We are seeking a Program Assistant who will help provide critical support to the Foundation's leadership programs. The job includes providing efficient, organized and timely administrative support to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation’s leadership programs and office. As a key member of the Leadership Programs team, you will contribute to the Foundation's mission dedicated to investing in leading Scholars at the doctoral level, as well as leading academics and trailblazers from other sectors, who have demonstrated their talent, ability and leadership in four critical areas, namely, human rights and dignity, responsible citizenship, Canada and the world, and people and their natural environment.
Reporting to the Leadership Programs Manager, the Program Assistant will enter data, produce reports and memos, prepare correspondence and other documents, manage lists and databases, monitor reports and issues, file and archive documents, support logistics related to events and other activities related to the administration of the programs. In addition, the Program Assistant will work closely with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO of the Foundation by providing support for meetings, office administration, travel logistics and reception.
Administrative Support to the Scholarship, Fellowship and Mentorship Programs
- Prepare, process, review, reproduce, send and file documents, contracts, texts, tables, meeting agendas, correspondence, memos and other documents, in paper or electronic format, related to the administration of the Foundation’s leadership programs;
- Prepare, assign, receive and process reports from Scholars, Fellows and Mentors, by reading and analyzing information provided and handing off relevant information to the communications and accounting teams;
- Prepare and exchange correspondence with Scholars, Fellows and Mentors, applicants, institutions and organizations, such as questions on financing, applications and nominations follow-ups, expense reimbursement and advance requests;
- Prepare and update programs lists, including contact lists, applicant lists and guest lists;
- Support program planning and delivery, by developing, tracking and respecting timelines and budgets, including updating procedural manuals and financing agreements;
- Help develop, improve, implement and update policies and procedures related to the Foundation’s programs;
- Participate in the call for applications process and the nomination and selection process for Scholars, Fellows and Mentors by printing and preparing candidate files for review and helping the programs team coordinate the review committees;
- Enter and update information in the Foundation’s programs database (Fluxx) and in Excel files, in regard to Scholars, Fellows, Mentors and Alumni;
- Any other related task.
Administrative Support to Program Events of the Fondation
- Collaborate in the logistics and planning of events of the Foundation, namely the Institutes of Engaged Leadership, general conference, creative projects and community retreat;
- Working with the programs team, prepare invitations, agendas and documents related to program events and meetings, including registrations and participant lists;
- Organize travel related to program events, including accommodations, transportation, restaurants, meeting places, audiovisual equipment and all other related logistics;
- Research vendors of goods and services related to program events;
- Preparing, printing and scanning documents in relation to program events;
- Any other related task.
General Administration of the Fondation
- In collaboration with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation, supports reception and provides administrative support to the offices of the Foundation, mainly in relation to meetings of the Board of Directors and Members, meetings with externals and purchasing office supplies and goods;
- During peak periods, support the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO of the Foundation, namely in preparation for business trips and meetings with externals;
- During peak periods, may be asked to support the administrative needs of the communications, accounting, governance and development teams;
- Any other related task.
- Actively participate in meetings, periodic meetings, committees and other work groups, training sessions and workshops and special Foundation events;
- Nurture and contribute to productive, friendly cooperation with all employees, community members and other stakeholders; organize activities to optimize use of time and resources; help develop and apply the Foundation’s quality standards;
- Accomplish any other assigned mandates and tasks related to the Foundation’s mission and field of activity.
KNOW-HOW AND BEHAVIOURS
- Exceptional judgment and respect for confidentiality;
- Very good ability to anticipate events and present innovative solutions;
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly to unforeseen demands and manage a range of new issues and activities within tight timelines and priorities;
- Dedicated to achieving high standards of professionalism in the performance of duties;
- Proactive and effective in carrying out one's tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and personal motivation;
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision, autonomy and initiative;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Team spirit and ability to provide quality service;
- Dedicated to ensuring that the Foundation’s programs meet very high standards, that projects are executed according to terms of reference, and that follow-ups on issues are adequate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Fluently bilingual in French and English, both oral and written
- Excellent quality of written French required;
- Excellent command of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, and others);
- Excellent research, writing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to perform financial and budgetary monitoring;
- Excellent organizational skills, coordination and priority management;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Knowledge of file classification systems and electronic filing will be considered an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Secretarial or administrative background;
- Two years of relevant experience;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Work experience in a foundation, not-for-profit or academic setting, including internship experience(s), are highly desired;
- Strong interest in Canadian and international affairs is desired.
- Position in Montreal;
- Occasional trips may be required;
- Regular hours of work are 35 hours per week, but overtime may be required from time to time.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $32,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- administrative or related: 2 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)