Location: Sparwood, BC, CA Elkford, BC, CA
Closing Date: March 31, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Mine Operations, the Mine Operations Supervisor plays a key role in the safe and productive operation of the crew. This position follows a 4x4 days and nights rotation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead and motivate individuals in achieving operating targets and maximize employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Manage and optimize truck, shovel, drilling, and blasting functions to maximize production and minimize operating costs
- Oversee pumping activities around the mine
- Manage and supervise contractors as needed
- Administer the collective agreement, safety, and mine and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Understand mine plans and mine maintenance activities and liaise with other shift supervisors, engineers, and maintenance personnel in coordinating mining activities in an efficient manner
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations as required by the Senior Supervisor
- Provide back-up coverage for the Senior Supervisor
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Minimum of three years of experience leading the operational activities in an open pit mining environment
- Possess a valid open pit Shift Boss certificate
- Exposure to the Wenco Dispatch System is considered an asset
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet tight timelines, and positively contribute within a dynamic team environment
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and energetic with a strong interest in continuous improvement
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with demonstrated professionalism and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck atwww.teck.comor follow@TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time