Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Specific business/product groups:
TDSI Finance & Regulatory Reporting
Chief Accountant's - Subsidiary Financial & Regulatory Reporting
Senior Manager, TDSI Finance & Regulatory Reporting
TD Securities Inc
TDSI Accounting, within the Chief Accountants group, is responsible for completing the Accounting and Financial & Regulatory Reporting functions for the TD Securities Inc. (TDSI) Legal Entity. TDSI is the institutional broker-dealer arm of TD Bank, and is heavily regulated by IIROC (The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada).
The Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager is responsible for timely and accurately delivery of financial and regulatory reporting for the TDSI legal entity.
IIROC Capital - ensure TDSI’s compliance with the capital regulations of the IIROC, including:
Gain an in depth understanding of all aspects of IIROC regulatory capital and be a subject matter expert in IIROC regulatory capital.
Calculate regulatory capital on a daily and month end basis to ensure that TDSI is adequately capitalized at all times
Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of the MFR, JRFQR, Short Position Report and other regulatory reports for the IIROC
Utilize analytical skills and knowledge of the business to explain business results and prepare flux analysis for CFO and CEO. This includes:
Conduct variance analysis of the overall P&L in TDSI.
Conduct month-over-month variance analysis on balance sheet
Prepare quarterly Board of Directors package, utilize analytical skills and knowledge of the business to explain business results and prepare flux analysis for CFO presentation to Board of Directors
Create specific reports and provide supporting documents to internal/external auditors or IIROC examiners and respond to queries
Complete monthly reporting to Chief Accountants– this includes note disclosures, general accounting entries and reconciliations
Identify and execute continuous improvement projects for TDSI Accounting
On-going maintenance in all working files – streamline and simplify existing processes. Ensure files stay up to date to meet changing business needs and changes in the regulatory environment
Implement new reporting requirements, by providing analysis, programming and testing for new report requests
Maintain and enhance internal controls
Education and Accreditation
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics or Finance, CFA charter holder or working towards CFA designation would be an asset
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. advanced formulae, vlookup and pivot table) is a must.
Visual Basic (VBA) would be an asset.
Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements as necessary.
Demonstrated ability to build efficient and well controlled reports.
Solid understanding of accounting principles and financial statements.
Knowledge of financial instruments (equities, fixed income products, derivatives).
Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Hyperion, ISM or other securities trading systems is an asset.
Detail-oriented with proven analytical capability.
Clearly demonstrated problem solving skills.
Highly self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills. Able to work efficiently with our business partners.
Highly organized with strong time management skills. Able to manage multiple deadlines within a highly demanding environment.
Ability to effectively handle and respond to various ad hoc requests.
Excellent team player
5-7 years Securities Industry experience preferred
EMPLOYEE / TEAM:
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise and participate in knowledge transfer
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training across the team
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices.
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Act as a brand champion for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally Expert knowledge and understanding of the operating environment, business processes and procedures, and transaction lifecycle for own area and as applicable across Finance Operations (e.g., processing environment, applications, software, hardware, products)
- Considered a subject matter expert within own unit or functional area
- Executes on more complex and/or non-standard requests
- Researches and investigates a range of operational / reporting / process issues
- Recommends and implements solutions within own area of responsibility
- May need to coordinate / integrate work with other areas as needed
- Provides advanced analysis and/or specialized reporting to support business partners, functional areas or centres of expertise
- Requires specialized and/or advanced technical / business / function knowledge for areas supported
- High level of complexity in operational / reporting / process and/or analysis function requiring medium to longer term focus
- May lead a small reporting or operational team or provide work direction to others as a specialist for a specific area
- Represents the group as the lead or subject matter expert on projects / initiatives and/or at meetings
- Provide training / guidance to others on best practices, processes, etc. as well as guide team on the completion of business as usual functions or ad-hoc non-routine requests
- Generally reports to Manager or above High School diploma
- Undergraduate degree/ college diploma preferred 5+ years relevant experience Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues
- Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan [People Manager roles L10 & L11]
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, strong intuitive judgment and negotiation/influencing skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, along with a strong consultative approach
- Skill in collecting, organizing and analyzing complex or technical data
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary
Finance / Accounting
Finance / Accounting
43 Champlain Street (477 Paul St.)