Full Time On-site
Monday to Friday
The H&S Coordinator promotes and maintains a safe, healthy and legally compliant construction site through communication, application and management of TBCI’s corporate health and safety policy and programs
- Reviews, assesses and reports any issues of safety, including ensuring protective gear are used/worn.
- Responsible for on-site new worker orientations & associated paperwork
- Responsible to regularly conduct on-site inspections for safe physical conditions and safe work practices. Reviews safety deficiencies with Superintendent and, if necessary, assists in developing and implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of pertinent provincial and local legislation, regulations, by-laws and standards.
- Monitors compliance to company standards and applicable legislation.
- Advises management in areas of non-compliance and makes recommendations (or, where appropriate, directs action) for improvements to current work practices, systems, policies and procedures.
- Handles all safety related documents and processes paperwork necessary such as accident reports, trade safety meeting minutes, inspections etc.
- Conduct COVID-19 screenings, assessments and ensure the TBCI COVID-19 Response Plan is implemented and adhered to.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Health & Safety or the equivalent experience
- NCSO certification or working towards is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the construction industry;
- Trained in Emergency First Aid and/or First Response
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams and levels in the organization
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in various MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Salary & Benefits
Your salary will be competitive with the current market & respectful of your experience. Traugott offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision programs
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
Established in 1964, Traugott Building Contractors is among Canada’s leading names in commercial centre construction with offices in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. Traugott’s depth of experience and range of construction services makes us the first company of choice for some of the country’s biggest names in real estate development.
- We Strive to be a valued contributing team member – create and support a partnership philosophy with all stakeholders throughout the project duration
- We provide the experience and expertise necessary to understand and execute projects
- We reduce and mitigate risk through strategic partners, products & services
- We go beyond providing the simple – We provide creative solutions and innovative approaches to all design and construction challenges
Traugott has a diverse backgrounds and skill set – a nation presence across commercial, Institutional, Residential and industry sectors. Traugott implements means and methods across sectors and geography to improve quality, delivery and value.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you to all who apply, however only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 per year
- Construction H&S Coordination: 3 years (Required)
- Working at Heights (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- NCSO (Preferred)