DETAILER JOB DESCRIPTION
A-1 Machine and Welding in Vernon, BC is looking for an experienced detailer to join the team. This is a permanent full time position. Candidate MUST have TEKLA experience and experience with structural steel detailing. Candidate will work out of Vernon office - it is not a remote position.
· Help with material take offs
· Verify fabrication drawings and reports.
· Review RFI recommendations and clarify RFI recommendations
· Consult and supply design alterations to connection engineer as necessary.
· Examine Tekla models to ensure they follow structural and architectural design drawings
· Review connections to ensure conformity with specifications.
Requirements The candidate must:
· Have previous structural detailing.
· Have experience with Tekla software and be proficient with this software.
· Know and understand how steel structure and connections work.
· Have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- High level of knowledge of industry standard detailing practices.
Assets (not but required):
· Estimating experience in structural estimating.
· Experience with Autocad software.
· Read and interpret drawings
· Be reliable
· Have attention to detail – ensure accurate and complete output
· Be a team player
We offer a benefit package. Salary reflective of education and experience.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Structrual Steel Detailing: 1 year (Required)
- TEKLA: 1 year (Required)