Full Time Drivers
What UPS can offer:
· Weekly compensation starting at $19.00 / per hour ($17 reg wage + $2 peak hourly bonus)
· $35.78 per hour after seniority plus 48 months of service. Guaranteed wage progression through Union Collective Agreement
· Health, dental, vision, and life insurance (after 1 year)
· Promotion from within. Career development and growth opportunities.
· Employee discounts
· Pension plan
In this role you will deliver and pick up packages to and from residential and/or commercial properties. This is a physical, fast-paced environment involving driving, continual lifting, lowering, and carrying packages. You must practice safe transportation methods while traveling to and from destinations. This position ensures the best customer service through efficiency and dedication.
· 21 years old or older
· Valid G class driver’s license issued in the province of Ontario
· Clean driver’s abstract showing:
o No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
o No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
· On the job driver training provided!
· Able to work in an outdoor, time sensitive environment
· Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to read a map
· Adhere to UPS appearance guidelines
· Monday to Friday (5 days a week)
· Shift start time 09:00 AM (approx.)
· Shifts are generally 8-12 hours per day but may extend longer during high volume and peak holiday season. Shift start and finish time can vary.
· Union environment - as you attain and continue to gain seniority you will eventually have your own route
UPS is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our Human Resources representative if you require a workplace accommodation. Thank you for your interest in working for UPS Canada!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends