Atlantic Windows, one of Atlantic Canada’s leading window and door manufacturers, has an opportunity available for a:
General Maintenance Worker/Trainee - Port Elgin, NB
Reporting to the maintenance supervisor, the objective of this position will be to maintain, troubleshoot and repair industrial equipment.
Mechanically inclined persons are welcome, training on the industrial machinery is provided.
No experience needed.
Atlantic Windows offers an attractive package of employee benefits, including:
· Life/work balance programs
· Company sponsored RRSP
· Group insurance
· Profit-share program
Responsibilities may include:
· Assist in maintenance of production equipment including Planned Maintenance
· Contribute to trouble shooting, repair and maintain equipment
· Contribute to improvement of uptime for production equipment
· Respond in a timely manner to maintenance requisitions
· Communicate with the production team.
· Comfortable with computers
· Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Mechanical acumen
· Organization skills
· Good communication
The following skills would be considered assets:
- Electrical - Welding
- Diagnostic - Carpentry
- Electronics - Plumbing
- Logic control - Machine shop experience
- Pneumatics - Familiarity with the equipment
- Mechanic courses and skills
· Willingness to attend skill upgrade programs and training
· Reliable transportation
· Clean record with the company
· Good attendance
· Flexibility to work mostly nights, and different shifts or weekend and/or overtime as required
· No work experience need.
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- RRSP Match
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- mechanical : 1 year (Preferred)