CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Manager, Operational Control, overall key responsibility is to partner with the Operation’s Management team to ensure that the control culture across all areas of responsibility is embedded, sound and meeting client needs.The Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting and Tax department will be the key area of control oversight with a requirement to support other departments as required. The Operational Control manager will complete all control and risk management responsibilities for assigned business units in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, Regulatory requirements and Legal practices.
- Develop and execute on defined testing plans to test for both operational and regulatory controls.
- Work with the business units to highlight areas of concern.
- Drive consistent and effective control standards.
- Perform periodic focused process/control design reviews to ensure risks are correctly identified and managed.
- Produce monthly management reporting of control testing results and other key risk and control metrics
- Conduct regular meetings with the lines of business, Risk, Control, Audit and the senior management team at CIBC Mellon to discuss control testing results and action plans.
Control and Risk Education
- Develop and deliver a control and risk based education plan with the business.
- Educate the business on control and risk and ensure best practices are shared.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adopted/implemented in the business.
Operational Risk Support
- Analyze errors, near misses and significant events to identify root causes. Ensure the implementation of appropriate controls to address process gaps.
- Facilitate root cause discussions with the business pertaining to errors and develop testing plans on actions.
- Track loss events for trends and monitor action plans.
- Partner with the business to manage their Risk and Control Self-Assessment documentation:
- Assess the quality of the RCSA.
- Assist with the update of the RCSA.
- Track status of action plans and gaps
- Challenge the controls documented in the RCSA
System and Organization Controls(SOC1) Support/Audit Support
- Partner with the lines of business to support the SOC1 (System and Organization Controls Report) planning, fieldwork, reporting, project status tracking process. Act as the conduit for Internal Audit and External Audit queries related to the SOC1.
- Participate in client meetings to discuss the SOC1 report.
- Assist the lines of business with audit preparation: coordination of audit; review issues and ensure action plans close the risk.
- Promote the CIBC Mellon Operational Control program at client meetings.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the operations, processes, risks and controls of the assigned business units.
- Support the business by making recommendations for process changes, control enhancements and changes/improvements in procedures and operational tools.
- Participate in new initiatives or new business development processes to assist in control related topics.
- Identify significant business changes and where appropriate direct and / or coordinate preparation of required analysis to review changes, ensure proper mitigating controls, and approval for changes.
Interface with Corporate Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, Internal Audit, External Audit and Regulators where required.
- Escalate issues to Management as they arise and ensure appropriate reporting and follow up on open issues.
- Participate in relevant risk and control meetings
- Represent Operational Control on various internal committees
- Complete special projects as required.
- Oversee control staff within the business unit including people management activities -review staff performance, attendance overtime and training and administering any corrective action as necessary.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- 8 to 10 years of Fund Accounting, Audit and/or Risk related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Previous risk and audit experience a plus.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years of Supervisory experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Travel between CIBC Mellon GTA locations
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better