Saturn Power is currently hiring a Manager of Power Marketing, to join our growing team. This position fulfills our needs related to merchant-heavy opportunities, especially in regard to our expanding efforts in the Energy Storage sector. The Manager of Power Marketing will be responsible for a variety of tasks and initiatives touching on market rules, asset revenue estimation, market registration and third-party contract management. This position will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team involved in all stages of project development, from early planning, siting, development, engineering and long-term operation. We are looking for talented, versatile, detail-oriented, committed and motivated people who want to support the development of renewable energy. This is a full time, permanent position with the company.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- ISO/RTO energy, capacity, demand response and ancillary service market rule interpretation, tracking of market evolution and actively participating in ISO/RTO stakeholder engagement where applicable including developing and maintaining key relationships.
- Develop and/or run energy storage asset dispatch simulation models, performing asset optimization analyses and developing asset revenue estimations using third-party market forecasts.
- Registering and bidding operating assets into various programs and opportunities in the ISO/RTO markets.
- Developing and maintaining our asset monitoring and notification programs and our centralized NOC.
- Supporting in efforts related to the cyber-security of our operating assets.
- Advising in efforts to evaluate and engage third-party market consultants and negotiating and managing engagement contracts.
- Advising in efforts to evaluate and engage third-party service aggregators, dispatchers and asset optimization services and executing/maintaining engagement contracts.
- Supporting in policy and utility tariff research related to emerging and active markets for energy storage, tracking policy proceedings and actively participating in policy/utility-level stakeholder engagements where applicable including developing and maintaining key relationships.
- Collaboratively participating with internal groups such as Development, Engineering, Legal, Finance, in regular development and financing activities related to energy storage, including strategic siting, interconnection, operational assumptions, proforma modeling, contract negotiations, etc.
- Travel requirement estimated at 5-10% (occasional trips within the province of Ontario, areas in Canada or the USA).
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of combined professional experience in power marketing, energy trading, consulting analysis, energy project evaluation and development.
- Experience related to energy storage would be considered a key asset.
- Degree in engineering, economics, or related field is required, further education considered an asset.
- Demonstrated detailed understanding of ISO/RTO power markets, including energy, capacity, demand response and ancillary services is required.
- Demonstrated fluency in interpreting, evaluating and identifying key risks in contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, develop, maintain & troubleshoot large excel (or other) models is required.
- Technical understanding of renewable energy technologies, specifically including energy storage.
- High-level understanding of renewable project development, engineering, finance.
- Confidence and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Microsoft office suite proficiency required.
You Align with the Saturn Power Vision if You Are:
- Passionate about the renewable energy business and sustainable practices.
- Able to thrive in the fast pace of a rapidly growing company working in new markets.
- Highly organized and accurate, with a keen attention for detail.
- A collaborative and engaging team member with demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a strong work ethic and commitment.
- Able to earn the trust of colleagues and leadership by demonstrating high ethical standards & integrity.
- A highly adaptive learner who is capable of handling changing demands and priorities.
- An intuitive problem solver who views obstacles as challenges.
- A creative thinker who is able to generate and articulate unique concepts and ideas.
- A self-motivated starter who can work independently when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional & Power Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)