Goodfellow & Schuettlaw is currently seeking a Junior Associate Lawyer to join our team.
Why Apply For This Position
Our profession is traditionally associated with long hours and a demanding workload. Selecting a firm that values health, recreation, and family is an important decision when contemplating your work-life balance. Goodfellow & Schuettlaw prides itself on sharing these values and aims to provide an environment that will provide a more balanced success.
We strive to provide our clients with creative, practical, and effective solutions to their problems. We provide legal services in construction law, corporate/commercial law, real estate law, employment law, and municipal development including issues such as financing and permitting. Our firm and the members of it are a diverse group of contributing members of the community; making a difference in the community in which we live, work, and play is an essential objective for our team.
The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated person demonstrating strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills and is a team player who will thrive in our firm's environment.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta
- Strong interest and experience in litigation (construction litigation is considered an asset), and/or corporate solicitor work, commercial transactions, real estate, wills, and estate administration (including estate litigation), experience in other areas of law considered an asset.
- 1-2 years’ experience in private practice or a combination of private practice and in-house
- Strong understanding of the law
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional drafting and writing skills
- The highest ethical standards
- Must be self-motivated with an ongoing interest in professional development
- Ability to work with a client to develop creative solutions to problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and colleagues
- Willingness to use systems provided and possess an interest in technology trends
Our most important partners are our clients. and providing solutions, not surprises, is our practice.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build their practice and skillset as part of a growing, successful firm.
Additional benefits to working at Goodfellow & Schuettlaw include:
- Work/life balance
- Bonuses and incentive programs
- Annual professional development allowance
- Teamwork environment
- Mentorship opportunities
- Benefits package
- Regular social events
Although located in Alberta, we are also able and have experience providing legal services in British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
We appreciate putting your imagination to work. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your practice in a medium-sized firm, where you can make a difference and work with nationally recognized leaders in areas of the law, submit your application. Only candidates meeting the position requirements will be contacted for a follow up interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2R 1J8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- membership in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta (required)
Work Location: In person