As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accomodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, the office cleaner CAMHC is responsible for complete cleaning of all areas of the building including, but not limited to: offices, washrooms, kitchen, utility rooms and corridors
The office cleaner CAMHC is also responsible for the collection of garbage and ensures a clear and tidy entrance to the building. The incumbent will also be required to assist with moving of furniture.
Requirements of the job
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to read and follow instructions, including infection control manuals, labels on cleaning products and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Must know, understand and follow WHMIS regulations
- Ability to maintain counts and inventory
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in English (oral and written)
- Computer skills – Ability to communicate using Microsoft Email and navigate internet applications for online ordering purposes.
Equipment to operate
- Floor stripper/polisher
- Ability to bend, twist, lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Ability to climb
- Ability to withstand continuous standing/walking without noticeable fatigue
- Ability to push, pull and haul carts and lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to client safety
Are you interested in this job