Lawyers Financial provides insurance and investment solutions for members for the legal community, their families and staff. The Canadian Bar Insurance Association (CBIA) was founded almost 40 years ago as a not-for-profit corporation to provide exclusive access for the legal community to the highest quality insurance and investment products at the very best rates. We employ insurance and investment experts who, with the assistance of actuaries, help design, price and manage the insurance and investment solutions offered to ensure a superior design at the lowest possible price. As a not-for-profit organization, we measure success in satisfied clients, not dollars. At all times, our Board of Directors, comprised of lawyers from across Canada, actively participate to ensure that our strategies are in the best interest of the legal profession.
Lawyers Financial is a brand of CBIA representing our comprehensive suite of financial solutions and advisory services. Lawyers Financial combines insurance and investment products with a deep knowledge of the financial needs of the legal community. No matter the situation, we can help you to be ready.
- Driven to foster strong relationships with lawyers, their families and staff to fully understand their financial situations and custom tailor comprehensive financial plans that will address all their immediate and future financial needs and goals covering the six core financial planning topics (financial management, tax planning, investment planning, insurance and risk management, retirement planning and estate planning).
- Able to evaluate client situations, life stages and goals to create investment policy statements, asset allocations, investment portfolios and financial plans and modify accordingly.
- Able to identify insurance needs and work with insurance advisors to provide integrated insurance planning and advice to meet the unique need of lawyers, firms, families and employees.
- Have a strong understanding of investment management concepts and can comfortably communicate investment strategies to clients.
- Effective in servicing existing relationships and educating law professionals on the benefits of the CBIA/Lawyers Financial investment and insurance solutions.
- An experienced public speaker who can present at trade shows and seminars.
- Comfortable working on complex financial situations and empowering clients to make informed decisions.
- Keen to continuously build your knowledge of financial planning concepts, investment products, industry regulations and other areas that may impact your clients.
- Required to maintain relevant licenses.
What you have:
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills to build rapport and gain a thorough understanding of your clients’ perspectives and financial situations
- Well-developed presentation skills
- University or college degree in related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in insurance, investment management and financial planning
- Must hold a CFP designation
- Must hold a Life License (LLQP) and have a willingness to complete other regulatory licenses as needed
- Flexibility to meet with clients in person, virtually and by phone, as required
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- investment management and financial planning: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- LLQP (Required)
- CFP (Required)