Looking for work?
Are you compassionate, caring, and enjoy working with seniors?
We are hiring for Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurses at Wexford Creek in Nanaimo!
There is free accommodation/housing for 4-6 months for anyone willing to come over from the mainland
Also LMIA/ BCPNP sponsorship will be provided for anyone requiring this process.
Reporting to the Care Manager, and/or designated RN. In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to residents. The LPN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards specific to Wexford Creek. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of care staff to meet resident’s needs. Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work well with others and be sensitive to their problems, concerns and goals. Flexibility is a very important part of this position.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal English).
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Requires ability to work with a minimum of supervision and excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
Adheres to regulations outlined in the following Acts and Legislations:
- The Criminal Records Review Act [RSBC 1996]
- The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [RSBC 1996]
- B.C.’s Health Care (Consent) and Care Facility (Admission) Act
- British-Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Registration
- Patients Property Act
- Community Care and Assisted Living Act
- Residential Care Regulation
- Adult Guardianship Act
- WorkSafe B.C. Regulations
- Satisfactory present and continuous medical screening in compliance with the Province’s immunization and tuberculosis control programs
- Fundamental understanding of the Simpe Q and Wexford Creek policies & organization.
- Assist with Simpe Q orientation with all new employees.
- Have working knowledge of each of the nursing shifts (AM, PM and nights)
- Explain and review all relevant policies and procedures with employees.
- Be aware of and ensure staff comply to onsite safety and environmental requirements (OH&S).
- Be aware of personal safety and right to refuse unsafe work.
- Collaborates with the DOC/CM to ensure the medication safety polices & procedures are being followed.
- Participates in quarterly and annual medication reviews
- Informs the DOC & Care Manager of Complex Care Issues
- Documents & Investigates all client/family concerns related to client care and deviation from the NCP
- Arranges meeting between the management/resident/family to manage and or prevent conflict.
- Completes incident reports as per Simpe Q policy & Health Authority/Licensing & Wexford Creek policy
- Attend meetings (OH&S, Nurse, RCA, in-services).
- Assist in preparation of Care Conferences, and update Care Plans and ADL’s accordingly.
- Ensure residents are admitted in accordance with Wexford Creek policy & Health Authorities standards.
- Assist in admission admission process in collaboration with the CM and or DOC.
- Develops and updates Nursing Care Plans (NCPs) accordingly.
- Maintain current knowledge of residents by reviewing the 24hr reports, documentation and NCPs & approach to care by communicating with staff & family members.
- Monitors upon admission and ongoing Rai 2.0 assessments.
- Ensures care staff complete 7-day observation as directed.
- Mentor and monitor the care staff on care issues (including: prevention of pressure sores, specimen collection, incident reports, behaviour monitoring, sleep charts, falls etc.).
- Be flexible and available to care aides when the need arises.
- Other related duties as assigned by Simpe Q managers and directors.
- Perform all duties in a manner in which client safety is the focus.
- Report any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injury to a client.
- Educate other co-workers/colleagues on the proper safety techniques when there is a possibility of endangering a client.
- Observe and correct any unsafe behavior demonstrated by client.
· Job requires a significant amount of sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and walking (according to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Definitions, this job is considered “Medium”).
· Lifting 50lbs maximum.
· Frequently lifting and/or carrying objects up to 20lbs.
· May involve sitting with pushing and pulling or arm and/or leg controls.
· Must be able to handle stressful situations in the workplace.
Health and Safety Risks:
- Muscle strain from lifting, transferring, turning clients
- Dealing with aggressive clients
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Working at a desk/computer
- WHMIS & Control products (e.g. Cleaning products, skin & wound products, shampoos, soaps, antiseptic and antibacterial solutions, Oxygen)
- Contact with blood & body fluids
- Exposure to illnesses common to communal living environments (Influenza, colds, GI illnesses, other bacteria & viruses)
- Plants and animals
- Needle stick injuries
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, SimpeQ Care shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $28.43 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- CPR (preferred)
- LPN Licensure (required)
- registration with the BC Nurses College (BCCNM) (required)