Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support and clerical services to Geri Day Hospital and Geriatric Assessment Outreach Program. This may include a variety of assigned duties including but is not limited to: preparing and distributing documents, scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing office supplies, and providing support to other Geri Day Hospital and Geriatric Assessment Outreach Program personnel as required.
- Provide first point of contact for information and assistance to the department’s internal/external customers – including redirecting phone/email inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure material required for committees & meetings are identified and provided to the Geri Day Hospital and Geriatric Assessment Outreach Program.
- Assist in the development of reports/presentations including the development of illustrations (graphics) to support concepts.
- Format all reports/presentations using professional report writing standards as guidelines including ensuring the accuracy of spelling, grammar, and other structural elements.
- Organize education and other events including scheduling, booking rooms, arranging catering, ordering and setting up audiovisual equipment.
- Assist in data collection related to technical reports.
- Demonstrate the QCH values of respect, accountability and innovation.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration and 2 years experience in a health care setting.
- Or Office or Business Administration certificate/diploma from a recognized college program and 3 years experience in a health care setting.
- Or In lieu of formal education, 5 years of Administrative Assistant experience of which 2 years are in a health care setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to interrelate with all levels of staff in a professional manner, to work with minimal supervision, to multitask, and continually prioritize duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access is essential.
- Proven ability to work with data collection, produce reports and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology.