Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to establish an effective working relationship with various different users with varying level of technical expertise
- Analyze business needs, advise & design, build, test, and deploy changes of critical IT systems .
- Laser focus on automation, reliability, and performance.
- Participate in testing and performance activity related to system stability and scalability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Business Analyst, Administrators, Architects, Developers, and Testers
- Work independently or as part of a team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Software Engineering) or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in IT and Operations
- 3+ years experience in related DevOps/SRE roles
- 5+ years experience in automating routine repeatable tasks via scripting languages Python, Perl, Bash, Powershell, or VB script, and Rexx
- 5+ years experience in implementing and working with Ansible playbooks YAML
- 5+ years experience in Windows/Linux/AIX/ESX System Administration
- 5+ years experience with monitoring, alerting and security tools
- Knowledge of Openshift, Git, Terraform, Grafana, and Sellenium an asset.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud an asset.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker an asset.
- Knowledge of CD/CI workflow an asset.
- Knowledge of the ITIL Service Lifecycle in ITSM disciplines, including the Change Management, Release Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management processes
- Understanding the point of view between the functional and non-functional requirements
- Critical thinker and passionate pursuer of excellence in all work deliverables
- Soft skills that include strong written and oral communication, time management, self-direction, and organizational skills
- Spoken and written French an asset
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
City / Township / Village 1
City / Township / Village 2
City / Township / Village 3
City / Township / Village 4
City / Township / Village 5
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary job category
Site Reliability Engineer
Role ( Job Role )
Site Reliability Engineering Professional
(Y009) Kyndryl Canada Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?