Kiewit is hiring a Civil Draftsman (CAD Tech) for the KEV partnership, Stage 2 Ottawa LRT Confederation Line Extension Project. The main responsibilities for the civil drafter will be to complete: drawings for excavation, setting out for roads, utilities, chambers, earthworks and civil works, quantities take-off, development accesses, laydowns, phasing and methods general drawings.
Shift: 50 hours a week, Monday - Friday. Must be willing to work Saturdays when needed.
- Must have minimum 3 years' experience with AutoCAD 2D (or MicroStation or a similar program)
- Must have a Drafting Diploma
- Must have experience in civil drafting
- Knowledge in structural design, drafting a sequence or method drawings is an asset
- Experience with any of the following programs is an asset: AutoCAD 3D, Microsoft Excel, P6 Scheduling, Primavera and/or Bluebeam
- This is a long term position and candidate will be eligible for full benefits
- After the selection process, candidate will be required to perform a practical test
Kiewit/-Eurovia/-VINCI Ottawa Partnership (KEV) is a joint venture partnership between Peter Kiewit Sons ULC and VINCI Group, and its affiliates. KEV is a world-class team of design, engineering and construction companies with extensive experience on light-rail transit systems. This construction project for the Stage 2 Confederation Line of the Ottawa LRT has an estimated duration of 5 years.
KEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Only qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted for the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- AutoCAD 2D or MicroStation: 1 year (Required)
- civil drafting : 2 years (Required)