Camp Forming Ltd. is looking for an experienced Form Setter Helper to join our team. All work will be performed in the Greater Toronto Area and South-Eastern Ontario. Successful candidates should be hard working, self-motivated and enthusiastic team players, willing and ready to work with all personalities.
Under the direction of the Foreman and Form Setter, the Form Setter Helper will assist with but is not limited to:
· Build, erect and align forms for various concrete structures and pier foundations utilizing bar-panelled concrete forming systems.
· Perform the setting of anchor bolts for drilled pier foundations.
· Install rebar and tie rebar.
· Spread concrete to specified depth and workable consistency.
· Dismantle concrete forms.
· Perform rough levelling and shaping of concrete surfaces.
· Remove rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces using power grinder, etc.
· Provides assistance to other workers and foreman as necessary.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in low-rise forming
· Class G Driver’s Licence (preferred)
· English speaking (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, equipment and processes used in concrete construction and maintenance.
· Carpentry skills to construct veneer brick ledges and repurposing of older form panels.
· Must understand productivity and what drives job success.
· Must be able to lift 100 pounds.
Why Work for Camp Forming Ltd.?
Founded in 1976, Camp Forming Ltd. is one of the largest and longest serving residential and industrial-commercial concrete formwork contractors serving the Greater Toronto Area and the Province of Ontario. We pride ourselves in delivering a quality finished product to our customers on time, every time. Our experience in the formwork industry has lead to new and innovative ways to produce a high quality product to our customers. This is why for 45+ years, new home builders have trusted Camp Forming Ltd. to provide a clean, solid and lasting concrete foundation for their respective projects.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$41.00 per hour
- Concrete Finishing: 2 years (preferred)
- Concrete: 2 years (preferred)