Reporting to and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will play a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy of Execulink Telecom. The CFO will work with senior management to determine financial policies, regulations, and procedures and to ensure compliance. By performing financial analysis and creating models to evaluate financial performance, the CFO will project future business results. The CFO is responsible to oversee preparation of budgets, ensuring operations remain within budget.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will be an advisor to the management team, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic modeling. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees of the Board.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organization
- Problem Solving
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Create, coordinate, analyze and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
- Lead financial planning and policy development within a geographic region under the direction of the CEO. Monitor regional company accounts, credit, insurance, taxes, and accounting.
- Ensure compliance with budgetary reporting requirements.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports with a focus on communicating standard and critical information to the CEO in a timely manner
- In partnership with the CEO and Accounting Manager, develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and Execulink’s long-term strategy. Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with Execulink’s strategic plan.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the Board's finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Partner with Network and Service Operations teams to procure specialized finance IT systems that meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Performs other responsibilities as necessary.
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated success in a senior-level finance or accounting position, managing accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management.
- CPA designation is required. MBA or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting considered an asset.
- Demonstrated results with strategic planning and execution, contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, automated financial and accounting reporting systems, best practices in internal controls, federal and provincial financial regulations.
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Valid Class G Driver’s Licence and access to reliable transportation.
- Occasional travel required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime as required.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness programs
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- senior level Management (Finance or Accounting): 10 years (Preferred)