We’re CPCS, nice to meet you. Our work impacts people, communities, cities and countries. We help solve some of the most interesting and toughest infrastructure challenges. We focus predominantly on management consulting projects aimed at improving transportation infrastructure to help the movement of people and goods, and power infrastructure to improve access to affordable electricity.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
About the opportunity: If you’re a visual thinker who wants to add a global brand refresh to your portfolio, conceptualize and design marketing materials for a growing company, then we want to hear from you! You’re a self-starter who will help us bring the brand to the next level with your highly polished design and art direction across various platforms. This role is vital as our experts around the world count on the power of visual storytelling. Most of all, we want you to guide us and lead like an art director does.
You’ll impress us if you can translate complex concepts and data into compelling visuals and presentations that are easy to understand and makes us stand out. You’ll make a strong impression if you have a desire to run your creative services like an agency.
As the voice of creative excellence, you will join the Communications and Marketing team in Ottawa, report to Benoit our Director of Global Communications and Marketing, and work closely with the Content Strategist. The team exists to both uphold the brand and service a global team that needs our support.
Under your leadership, you will:
- Champion and elevate our brand to support business growth and recruitment efforts
- Create outstanding marketing materials such as brochures, infographics, presentations, illustrations, animations, charts and graphs
- Develop concepts and produce various visuals for both internal and external platforms, including blog and social media posts, webpages, emails, slides, campaigns, annual reports, etc.
- Shape and improve internal and external creative operations, including developing new processes and workflows to increase efficiency and driving quality standards
- Translate key data and research findings into simple and powerful visuals
- Seek out, in collaboration with the Content Strategist, potential photo/video opportunities
- Prepare and deliver production-ready files for print, web and digital
- Maintain graphic design files and folders
- Maintain corporate photos and images
- Effectively communicate storyboards for presentations
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time efficiently, and effectively implement creative feedback from creative leads
What you bring:
- Minimum of college degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communications or a related field
- 2+ years of experience within the marketing field of design
- Excellent conceptual and visual design skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and solution-driven
- Knowledge of brand strategy (voice, values, layout, colour)
- Superb photography and videography skills
- Highly experienced in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat
- Confidence working hands on with PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to hold a strong design vision, and influence others while remaining collaborative and open to new ideas
- Experience working with social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Excellent marketing design skills with a clean aesthetic
- Fluent in English and French
- Passionate about building a brand
- Experience working in a global and culturally diverse organization
- Business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience
- Comfortable working with team members in global time zones
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit (1) a detailed resume, (2) cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, and (3) a portfolio including three or more samples of your work or a link to your online portfolio. As part of the skills assessment, candidates will also be asked to complete a practical exercise, either online or on-site.
Applications must be submitted on our recruitment portal.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that accommodations are available for applicants in Ontario with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact us at 613-237-2500. For more information, please see our website at http://www.cpcs.ca/en/about-us/accessibility-information.
Who we are:
CPCS is a global management consulting firm specializing in transport, power, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and related infrastructure analytics. Formerly the consulting arm of the iconic Canadian Pacific Railway (consulting group established in 1969), CPCS has evolved into an independent (1988), employee owned professional services firm, with an established track record of delivering high-value added advisory services in the infrastructure space.
To date, CPCS has completed over 1400 projects in 120 countries, with a particularly strong focus and track record in emerging markets. Clients include all levels of government, private sector investors and infrastructure owners, bilateral agencies such as USAID, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation, and multi-lateral agencies and international financial institutions, such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.
We have over 100 staff, including business and financial analysts, economists, planners, engineers and infrastructure operations experts, PPP experts, lawyers, institutional specialists, GIS analysts and project managers. We are one of the few management consulting firms that combine management, financial, institutional and legal/regulatory advisory services together with deep sector-specific knowledge and infrastructure analytics capabilities.
We are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and have offices elsewhere in Canada (Toronto, Montreal), the United States (Washington DC) and several emerging markets.
CPCS promotes an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our culture is performance oriented, entrepreneurial, and team based.
Job Type: Full-time
- marketing or design: 2 years (Preferred)
- French (Required)