ACCIPITER RADAR, located in the idyllic Niagara Region, is one of the area’s most progressive and innovative companies. Our innovation and expertise come from inspired people who work in an environment of creativity, integrity and responsibility.
As part of our continued company growth, we are expanding our Project Management team, and seek an experienced Project Coordinator.
To be a successful Project Coordinator, you will have exceptional verbal, written, presentation and leadership skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and be competent using Microsoft Office applications. A bachelor's degree in a related field of study and 1 - 2 years of relevant experience.
Reporting to the Director of Operations you will be responsible for maintaining multiple project schedules, communicating status updates to stakeholders, tracking issues, managing project risks, initiating change requests and implementing approved changes, analysing project data (to quantify schedule / budget performance) and performing other project tasks, as required.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation (project schedule, WBS, budget, issues/risks, status, lessons learned) is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues requiring in depth analysis and provide solutions where applicable
- Maintain and update project schedules - track tasks/activities, seek updates on progress and dates.
- Initiate and manage change requests in the PM Information System (JIRA).
- Provide input to portfolio schedule (roll-up) and identify conflicts (resources/dates).
- Attend project meetings, record minutes, lead meetings.
- Assist in developing and documenting Accipiter PM processes and strategies.
- Support other areas of the Company with internal projects as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, College diploma or similar post-secondary education.
- Previous work experience and/or training in project management best practices.
- Experience in a technical role/environment (engineering, software development) with a basic understanding of technical concepts.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- PMI certification considered an asset (PMI-SP, PMI-CAPM, PMI-PMP), but not essential.
- Familiarity with MS Project a benefit
- Strong communication (verbal and written), data analysis and report writing skills
The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn more about project management best practices and work towards attaining PMI certification.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter AND resume by Friday 18 Octobrt 2019.
We thank all who apply; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- It is a prerequisite that the successful candidate be eligible for, apply for and obtain (i) satisfactory controlled goods security assessment as regulated by the Canadian Controlled Goods Program; (ii) Level II personnel security clearance from the Canadian Contract Security Program.
Accipiter encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please notify us if accommodation is required at any stage in the application process.
About Accipiter Radar
Accipiter Radar is a global provider of high-performance radar surveillance solutions designed to detect and track small uncooperative targets such as pleasure-craft, vessels, low flying aircraft, drones, birds and ground targets. The result is enhanced security and safety through unprecedented all domain awareness for modern day applications such as coastal surveillance, search & rescue, port security, maritime security, border enforcement, law enforcement, critical infrastructure protection, perimeter security, bird and drone strike prevention and environmental protection.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)