QUEEN OF COVERS, based in Ontario, is a growing wholesaler of fabric and manufacturer of soft furnishing (duvet, comforter, decorative pillow, sham, drapery and other linen items) for household and commercial establishments. Our target markets include home/commercial furnishing and décor retailers, interior designers, hotels, restaurants, wellness and healthcare facilities and hospitals. We are looking to engage your experience, skills, aggressiveness and passion as our Independent Outside Sales Representative to drive and grow our business in your assigned territory. We offer you the opportunity to earn above-average commission income while maintaining your independence and time-flexibility. This role is ideal as an add-on line for those already operating and having established relationships in our target markets but carrying non-competing products.
Functions and Activities:
- Develop a base of potential customers through web search, social media and other means.
- Contact potential customers through various means including email, phone calls and personal meetings, and by attending trade shows and marketing events.
- Nurture and maintain strong business relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Organize trade shows and sales presentations as appropriate.
- Utilize time and resources productively and coordinate activities thru the company's existing systems to manage contact information, monitor sales activities, track progress, and prepare monthly sales plans.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced in marketing and selling bedding/home decor products, or complementary soft furnishing items for household and commercial markets
- Skilled in the use of online marketing and social media channels to promote awareness and interest in our products, and to drive traffic to our website
- Familiarity with fabrics, design trends and sewing techniques an asset; product knowledge and familiarity training will be provided, either onsite or online
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to use basic productivity computer programs
- Pleasant personality and effective interpersonal skills; ability to nurture positive customer relationship
- Self motivated and able to effectively allocate time and resources to manage the sales cycle
- Ability to track sales activities and provide meaningful insights and forecasts from the collected information.
- Skilled in time management and coordination with home office support
- Must own a reliable vehicle with license to drive and clean driving record
- Must own reasonably up-to-date mobile device and laptop computer
- Knowledge of basic productivity computer program (Microsoft Office) and familiarity with the use of search engine and social media channels.
- No criminal record; must pass a background check
Job Type: Independent contractor with flexible hours
To Apply: Please email resume
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
Salary: $30,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- B2B sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- G Driving License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place