The Outreach Worker requires a strong foundational knowledge base of the following:
- Family Violence Issues and its effects on women and children
- Program Development
- Basic counseling interventions
- Goal Setting and developing action plans to achieve goals
- Organizing/Implementing/Facilitating Self Help Groups and Life Skills Training Workshops
The Outreach Worker must also have a familiarity of a broad range of education and support services available in the community and of other like minded organizations in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Facilitating Self Help Groups and Life Skills Training Workshops
- Preparing and delivering educational/awareness presentations/workshops
- Providing individual support to women
- Providing women with assistance in identifying goals and developing action plans to achieve the goals
- Providing women assistance in personal self development
- Making referrals to community based services and public agencies
- Advocating on behalf of the women
- Developing Safety plans with women
- Assisting with Emergency Intervention Orders
- Providing services to women in their own environment when appropriate and possible
- Maintain monthly statistics
- Other duties as required
Outreach Worker will be responsible to and report to the Executive Director
Post Secondary Education in Human Services/Social Services or equivalent training and experience.
Experience in a Family Violence Intervention/Prevention social service setting, or in a related or relevant field.
- Excellent organizational and administrative Skills
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to work with clients and community
- Good team player
- Ability to work independently and be self directed
- Ability to set strong boundaries
- Competent computer skills including research
- Ability to respond to situations at a moments notice
- Is empathetic in nature
- Exhibits clear and effective communication skills
- French or other second language an asset
A car is required for this position as the Outreach Worker travels to women out in the community for meetings.
If offered a position with Liberty Lane, a Vulnerable Sector Background Check from Police and a Prior Contact Check from Social Development will be required.
All applicants must provide a cover letter and resume (resume no longer than two pages).
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- English (Required)