MILLER TAVERN BAY STREET is currently hiring PART-TIME SERVERS to join our FOH team!
The MILLER TAVERN BAY STREET, a staple in the heart of the financial district, reveres tradition and reads classic American tavern. Market fresh dishes from the land and the sea are complemented by an extensive collection of spirits, a robust wine list featuring French and American vintages as well as expertly mixed classic cocktails. The MILLER TAVERN welcomes guests with its warm hospitality and unparalleled service for lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekend.
The SERVER is responsible for capturing guest menu selections and presenting the food and beverage preferences in an engaging way. The SERVER leads in delightful conversation and creates the restaurant experience by their style and service attributes. If you have experience as a SERVER in a busy restaurant, we'd love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Genuine is the best; a memorable dining experience is always the focus, created by the art of service
- Knowledge is power; answer questions about food, beverage, wine, and other restaurant functions and services; explain/romance the menu concept and style
- Anticipate guest needs; replenish mise en place, refill glasses, fold napkins, stay on top of table maintenance
- Respect; no request is too difficult; teamwork makes the dreamwork
- Work safely; monitor the cleanliness of your section and ensure all material and areas are safe and free from clutter
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years minimum experience as a server in a fast-paced environment
- A positive, energetic outlook and a passion for food and beverage
- A strong sense of urgency to satisfy the needs of others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Flexible schedule availability, including weekends and holidays, if required
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Wages
- Discounts at all Scale Hospitality Group Restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness Rates
- FUN Team and Culture
- Training and Development
- Growth Opportunities
SCALE HOSPITALITY GROUP recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $12.55 per hour
COVID screening process in place for employees; all customers are required to wear a mask; take-out available.
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada and do you have a valid SIN?
- Are you able to work in the Toronto area?