Summary of Position
The Agricultural Consultant will be responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, increasing sales profits, and continuously increasing all knowledge of Agriculture, and Sylvite products and services. The Agricultural Consultant is part of the sales team and will be required to meet or exceed financial targets through specialized customer planning.
Sales and Service Support
- Continuously increase your knowledge of Agriculture, Agronomy, and Sylvite products and services
- Maintain knowledge of a variety of crops, plant and soil nutrient products, as well as a comprehensive understanding of precision Ag.
- Ensure outstanding customer service and proactively engage customers in discussing their crop input needs
- Excellent focus on sustaining customer relationships, building customer prospects, and closing sales
- Meet or exceed financial targets through strong individual customer crop plans/tactical plans
- Complete and deliver a well-defined weekly customer call plan
- Accurately capture information in our sales platform (TSI)
- Bring forward innovative ideas and market intelligence to departments for increased industry market knowledge
- Sylvite is committed to ensuring a safe work environment at all times. The Agricultural Consultant is accountable to know and understand the Company’s health and safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Dispatch and Logistics Support
- Research for freight to fill outbound and inbound lanes as appropriate
- Monitor to ensure ‘planned loads’ are updated upon completion
- Inform drivers of procedures to be followed and assist with issues resolution
- Minimum 1 year related sales experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract