The Accounting Manager will play an essential role in growing talent and leading the core accounting functions within the business. You are ultimately responsible for laying the accounting foundations to provide the business with timely, accurate and relevant information.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to evolve and improve the current structure and processes. You will be curious about opportunities, listen actively and be able to effectively lead the team through analysis and execution of improvement initiatives. You will be real with giving and receiving feedback and support.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and partnering closely with our other Accounting Managers, you will share your experiences and best practices to help us move through a particularly intensive period of projects, foundational system improvements and a renewed focus on growth.
Lush thrives with people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business. You have a passion for bringing value, leading change and having an impact on the organizations you work with. You are ready to join a business dedicated not just to getting the job done but to the practices of fair-trade sourcing, supporting sustainable communities and giving back to grassroots organizations making a difference.
Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation of accurate consolidated financial reporting as it relates to the Manufacturing, Canada Retail and US Retail operations.
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and income statement analysis per the assigned deadlines.
- Responsible for the successful collaboration with inter-department stakeholders (FP&A, Payroll, Tax, AP and Treasury) to allow for month, quarter and year end close activities.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and other financial forecasts.
- Oversight of the accounting team responsible for complex accruals, intercompany entries and eliminations, fixed assets, prepaids, salaries and benefits, bonus, allocations, and lease accounting.
- Review technical accounting memos assessing the impact of new initiatives
Business Partnering and support:
- Maintain great working relationships with the business to promote synergies.
- Gain a thorough understanding around stakeholder expectations and leverage accounting resources and knowledge to meet those expectations.
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information to allow for reliable decision making at the business level.
- Overall responsibility for year end audit as it relates to audit liaison, audit file preparation and financial statements.
- Manage personal property tax for all US retail stores.
- Provide support to the tax team as it pertains to IRS/CRA & sales tax audits, corporate taxes and any other ad hoc statutory requests.
- Review current accounting processes and identify possible areas of improvement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain new policies, procedures, controls and processes to ultimately create time savings, efficiencies and synergies across all business units.
Training and staff development:
- Responsible for ensuring there are clear, defined roles with measurable KPI metrics for accounting staff.
- Responsible for the allocation of tasks to ensure inefficiencies are minimized and business support is prioritized.
- Responsible for cross-training of accounting staff to allow for staff development and stability within the department.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPA designation or equivalent with at least 5-7 years' progressive financial experience
- Hands-on, progressive leadership experience in Accounting, Treasury and Leases
- Proven experience in high growth multi-national ecommerce and multi-location retail
- Proven ability to ensure efficient and accurate day to day accounting tasks are completed while maintaining a view and leading the progress towards the longer-term needs of the business
- Proven success in training, development of others, and leading and building strong stable teams
- Accustomed to and ability to deliver results within a highly seasonal, high pressure production environment
- Self-motivated, accountable and results oriented
- Experience working in a retail/manufacturing/ecommerce environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics,, Concur platforms, MediusFlow
Job Type: This is a full-time, regular position with a hybrid working model
At Lush, we celebrate the uniqueness of our staff and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are 10% employee-owned, empowering all colleagues to contribute ideas, safeguard our ethics, and share in the rewards of success.