General Purpose of the Position: The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to customers. Maintaining existing client base, also generating new business by prospecting.
Job Location: Saugeen Area. Goderich to Wiarton and beyond
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain regular contact with existing LBM customer base.
- Read and understand blueprint design
- Organize Estimates and follow up with ongoing quotes/orders
- Coordinate/open new accounts with branch manager for new clients
- Recommend sales of Trusses and Engineered Wood Products.
- Networking with Local Building and Planning Department heads.
- Networking with local Drafting and Engineer firms.
- Networking with local Building contractor.
- Ongoing review of Inventory SKU’s including additions and deletions.
- Review new lines of product and make recommendations
- Achieve monthly and yearly Sales Budgets
- Attend training seminars
- Treat customers as “you” would like to be treated.
- Have the flexibility to work in any other temporary assignment as designated by Branch Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Lumber & Building Materials.
- Be able to work in a fast paced and constantly changing retail environment.
- Ability to organize customer quotes and orders in systematic
- Filing system that is user friendly by co- workers.
- Flexibility to work some evenings in consultation with prospective clients.
- Ability to train and motivate other staff as needed.
- Clear understanding of computers, drafting programs, estimates
- Understand trusses, and engineered wood products.
- Motivated, self-disciplined individual with a strong work ethic.
- MUST, MUST, MUST like people!!!!
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Show leadership in Sales Targets, Inventory Control and Customer Service.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary to match experience
- 5 Years Sales in the Lumber and Building Material Industry (Preferred)
Expected start date: 2020-10-05
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $50,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow all federal and provincial guidelines to protect our staff and customers. We take this pandemic seriously.
- Contractor sales: 5 years (Required)