We are looking for a highly motivated individual with an interest in health population statistics, technical document analysis, data analysis, and statistics to join our Vancouver office in the role of Statistical Healthcare Data Analyst. This is an opportunity to influence strategic decision making among our clients, which include start-ups and Fortune 500 companies.
To learn more about our company, visit bpi-software.com.
- Advanced data collection, mining, cleanup, and analysis of healthcare and population data
- Maintain an existing database of medical and pharmaceutical information, gaining relevant industry expertise
- Conduct online research and healthcare industry analyses
- Manage, complete, and synthesize custom projects for clients which includes statistical modeling
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Use statistical and analytical knowledge to improve the quality of client deliverables
- Work with senior research analysts to improve the utility of the information stored within our database.
- Communicate narratives with data to many audiences, ranging from product managers to technical leads
- Work with the Software Development team supporting software improvements and projects by acting as the research subject matter expert
- Sit at the intersection between development and research teams to inform, influence, and support the execution of product strategy
- Perform other administrative and research tasks as required
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in math and/or statistics. Master’s degree in statistics, machine learning or relevant fields an asset
- 1-5 Years' experience in similar roles an asset
- Experience with population statistics or related fields an asset
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing
- Expert English language skills (both written and verbal). A significant part of the job requires reading, understanding, and creating sophisticated documents
- Ability to communicate complex subjects and ideas clearly
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus
- Healthcare knowledge is an asset
- Intimate familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive applications an asset
Please apply with your cover letter and resume. Applicants who do not include both of these will not be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- statistics: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)