Founded in 2008, Vestacon Limited is a construction management and general contracting company specializing in corporate tenant improvements. With locations in Toronto and Vancouver, our foundation is built on trust, reliability and commitment to quality. Our team is composed of passionate individuals, each with a diverse background. All members share natural dedication to ensure success for every project.
Vestacon is seeking a full-time construction site supervisor for office interior renovation projects. The site supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of a construction site: coordinating subcontractors, ensuring the timely delivery of required materials in conjunction with the project schedule, tracking the progression of their job, while ensuring client satisfaction.
Managing job sites/ day to day operations
- Communication: Meet with clients on a regular basis to discuss any questions/concerns and provide an up-to-the-minute briefing on the status of the construction project. Assist and support the Project Manager in carrying out works as assigned while ensuring schedule deadlines are met and in accordance to relevant regulations. Meet with subcontractors and suppliers when required. Attend weekly site meetings with the project team, as well as the final walk through of the job, having completed all deficiencies prior to this date.
- Safety enforcement: Maintain in-depth knowledge of all company and legal safety regulations and communicate them to all workers on site, while ensuring they are observed and obeyed. Inspect work areas regularly for potential hazards and rectify, so as to maintain a safe working environment. Report and assist in the investigation of safety violations, dangerous occurrences and accidents, where necessary.
- Operations: All operational duties, such as coordinating work schedules and ensuring the timely delivery of materials to site. Maintain site cleanliness and supervise construction activities to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Overseeing subcontractors: Supervise a team of construction workers on daily site operations. Resolve conflicts that may arise on site and ensure that everyone adheres to all schedule and budget constraints, as well as compliance with safety regulations.
- Hours of Work: Regular and after hours projects are involved.
- Other Responsibilities: Responsible for opening and closing job sites each day; ensure that the job site is secure at the end of each shift; work to ensure schedules are kept and jobs are being completed on time; ensure you are familiar with scope of work; responsible for meeting with city inspectors.
- Must represent Vestacon in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- 3-5 years work experience preferred OR equivalent degree/diploma.
- Full (G) driver’s licence required
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Ability to multi-task and work well independently.
- Able to lead a team of workers and assisting on site issues.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, decision-making skills, stress and time management skills, as well as excellent team building/ leadership skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights and weekends when required.
- Relevant experience in commercial & corporate interiors preferred
Vestacon Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must make individual needs known in advance. Accommodation will be provided as required.
No Agencies or phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time