The BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) is the leading conservation organization in BC. As a province-wide non-profit charitable association with over 43,000 members and more than 100 Member Clubs, our organization represents the interests of all British Columbians whose aims are to conserve and protect BC’s fish, wildlife and habitat for present and future generations.
We are currently searching for a Manager, Finance and Administration that will oversee the Finance Department and ensure the flow of Administrative information is smooth and effective. This position will ensure that all Financial reports are accurate and timely which will include monthly Balance Sheets, Income Statements by department compared to budget, variance reports and cash flow. This position is responsible for advice and reporting on the financial health of the organization to the Director, Corporate Operations and the Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Oversite of Accounts Payable and Receivable (Quickbooks)
- Ensuring expenses are properly approved and allocated to appropriate categories and correct project/department.
- Preparation – data entry, cheque preparation and distribution, as required.
- Reconciles sub-ledger to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring all revenue is coded to the appropriate GL account and reconciled to Raisers Edge CRM software.
- All tax receipts are in accordance with CRA rules.
- Month end journal entries, monthly general ledger account analysis/reconciliation
- Bank transactions/reconciliations.
- Prepare all monthly/quarterly financial reporting; Balance Sheet, Income Statement, variance reporting, cash flow report, membership report and various reports as required.
- Prepare year-end audit working papers and financial statements complete with notes.
- Responsible for the timely remittance of, required returns such as, but not limited to, Charity Return, GST Return, PSB Rebate, PST Return, Gaming Reports including the annual revenue summary and the Society Return.
- Review all contracts.
- Annual budget preparation.
- Develop, implement, and administer internal controls, financial management system, accounting policies and procedures
- Verify time sheets, banked hours and vacation accruals.
- Maintain payroll database, perform payroll processing and year-end payroll preparations.
- Administer and process items for benefit plans, including MSP, Extended Health and RRSP as required.
- Complete and submit WorkSafe BC reporting
- Final pay and ROE
- Familiar with employment standards and averaging agreements.
Projects and Miscellaneous
- Research and analysis into switching to fund accounting, including cost estimates for new software required.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis.
- Research and preparation as required.
- Wetlands reporting by grant and project.
- Oversee administrative systems that enhance organizational effectiveness
- With the Director of Corporate Operations, assist with regular risk analysis of the organization’s operating processes
- Cost reduction recommendations.
- Minimum 5 years progressive, relevant work experience, preferably in non-profit organizations
- Proficient working knowledge in electronic payroll processing (preferably ADP or Ceridian)
- Proficient working knowledge in accounting software (Quickbooks, Sage or other more complex software)
- Experience with Fund Accounting would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- High level of typing accuracy and speed (Minimum 50 wpm).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior customer service attributes, a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Must be extremely well organized, analytical, flexible and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working within a dynamic, multi-faceted team environment.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to protect confidential and sensitive information
- Strong personal alignment with BCWF’s mission, goals and values.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge is a plus, or similar database software.
- Bachelor degree in business/accounting or Diploma in Accounting or other equivalent programs
- Completion of (or in process of completing) a related professional designation or equivalent experience
Job Type: Full-time
- progressive,: 5 years (Preferred)