Realize your potential in our community… International Water-Guard Industries Inc. ("IWG") is a world leader in the supply of on-board water treatment equipment and systems to the aviation industry. Our major customers include world-leading corporate jet manufacturers Gulfstream aerospace and Bombardier. Our culture prioritizes winning together, and every new employee quickly notices our cooperative culture.
In this role, you will assemble products in accordance with production requirements, specifications, modifications, drawing and procedures, within a strict Quality Control structure.The ideal applicant will be someone confident in their attention to detail and processing speed, who also has a creative side to help drive continuous improvement. A positive, learning attitude is key.
- Assembling and testing aviation products in accordance with production requirements, specifications, modifications, drawings and procedures;
- Mechanical assembly;
- Electronic assembly, potentially from the board level up;
- Operating basic power tools and machines, such as a drill press;
- Working at different work stations (i.e. manufacturing, testing, maintenance) as required;
- Being prepared to receive further in-house training as required;
- Consulting with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time efficient manner;
- Ensuring production deadlines are maintained and products are shipped on schedule;
- Maintaining records of time and materials, rates of production, and signing off on quality assurance documentation as necessary;
- Any other reasonable task requested by the company;
- Experience/Education: A minimum of two to three years related work experience or 6 month trade/technical school diploma (preferably in electronics) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Language skills: Verbal and written fluency in English;
- Mechanical Skills: High;
- Computer Skills: Word processing, spreadsheet experience and Windows are an asset but not mandatory;
- Physical: must be able to stand 6-7 hours per day and lift objects up to 35 kgs in weight;
Applications with a cover letter, however brief, will be prioritized.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)